Wednesday, April 14, 2010

After losing 13 lbs already, Jeanel breaks through her plateau with PAC


I seem to have hit a plateau in the last few weeks. I've been letting the rest of my life (two jobs, buying my first home, and planning a trip to Peru) push my resolutions to the back burner.

But I know myself and what works to keep me on track, and I think Pure Austin Coaching is just the thing to get me going again. I do best when I have a firmly scheduled workout time, preferably first thing in the morning, and with other people expecting to see me at the workout. I think Pure Austin coaching can give me all that and then some. My schedule doesn't allow me to attend all 11 weekly workouts, but I can get to 3-7 workouts per week. And one of those workouts is open water swimming in the quarry, which is perfect for helping me prepare for the Splash and Dashes and the Red Licorice open water swim on May 2nd. I'm planning to do the 2.4 mile swim, which is twice as long as my previous open water swims. Opportunities for such long open water swims don't come along very often, so I can't wait to see what it's like to swim such a long distance.

Wish me luck and I'll be seeing you in the quarry!