Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Yay!!!!! Congratulatons Ryon and Christi!!!


From Ryon:

My finest day today... I'm engaged to my best friend. I've spent my whole life waiting for my chance to be with someone who accepts me for all my faults and loves me for just simply being Ryon...
The morning started with me trying to negotiate with James Bales and Jamie Cleveland to "sandbag" todays 5 mi run/18 mi bike/2 mi run race up to the top of Enchanted Rock State Park so I could look even more like a "hero". They weren't buying me or my story....
It was a hard fight for 5th place overall as I transitioned from the bike to that second run. The hardest part of the race was to get up to the finish line way on top of Enchanted Rock after making a quick change into a "replacement jersey", running shoes, and death-gripping the precious ring box in one hand...
I wasn't the overall winner of the race like I negotiated or hoped for but I feel like a winner regardless once I got to the finish line! Christi, you make this my finest day by loving me and of course saying "yes". This is a day I'll always remember...