Sunday, May 2, 2010

Lost 25 lbs and flipped the switch - Taylor's RyR success story! YAH!!


The Resolve Your Resolution program is really proving to be a fantastic life change for me.

My main goal was to feel competitive in bike races for the first time in my life. No more getting dropped in 5 or 10 minutes, I really wanted to race. My secondary goals were to lose weight and develop overall and core strength.

Tonight marked the second bicycle race this year where I really stayed in it. Instead of feeling dead from the start and focusing solely on survival, I was thinking of tactics. Should I follow that guy to move up in the pack? Should I move over a little here to get a better line on that turn?

In previous years the only question I really ever asked myself was, "Oh goodness, how long is this again and are they going to slow down?"

So while I'm not challenging for the win in the races just yet, I feel that I am actually racing. And it feels great.

Drew talked about one day a switch was going to flip. In the past few weeks I've really felt that. When I'm out training, I feel strong. Going up hills, it just seems, well easier. All of a sudden, everything just started to come together.

As for the secondary goals, I've lost over 25 pounds since the program started and I feel much stronger in my strength workouts at the gym. I take both of these as big positives.

Drew has laid out the steps, I just had to follow them. Small changes to the diet, becoming truly mindful of everything I put in my mouth, and a workout plan. Having structure was what I needed for me to finally wake up and get it done.

I want to thank Pure Austin again for picking me for this program. I have gone from the worst shape I was in in years to the best shape I have ever been in in my life. Even when the competition ends, this newfound passion in me will not.

Thanks,
Taylor