Saturday, May 29, 2010

Congratulations Taylor Riche our Resolve your Resolution Winner!


Taylor won a year free membership! Way to go Taylor, you deserve it in spades.
Second and Third place results to be posted soon!!


Here is Taylor's final submission before the judging -

The last month of the RyR contest didn't quite go as planned. We had a family health emergency that has kind of turned things upside down. That being said, real life never goes by a script, and we all have to learn to take life's challenges and deal with them day by day and in the most positive way possible.

While I had to spend an extra week away, I am glad to be back and to be back on the plan that Drew and I have worked out. I really feel like I have turned a corner with my fitness. As I said a few weeks ago, I really and truly believe that I am in the best shape of my life.

For the first time now when I think about upgrading from Cat 4 to Cat 3 on the bike I really believe it is possible. That has never been the case before.

This may be really silly, but I tuck my shirt in all the time now. My stomach doesn't poke out when I tuck in the shirt, so I figured I should rock it tucked. In fact, I've gone from my belt being a little snug on the 2nd hole with a shirt in to being able to put it on the 4th hole and still be totally comfortable. I don't have a tummy bump, and that is a great, great feeling.

While the contest may be wrapping up, I am not stopping. The bike gives me a way to relieve stress and to decompress. The healthy eating has helped my somewhat sensitive stomach stay happy. The new strength and slimmer figure makes me feel more confident. While I have reached my original goals of the program, new ones have cropped up. I want to actually get that Cat 3 upgrade. I want to lose a little more fat and continue to gain muscle strength. But mainly, I want to live a healthy fulfilling life. That's a goal that you work to meet every day.

I would be remiss if I did not thank my wife. Her constant support has been fantastic.

So all in all I have gone from getting dropped on the 2nd lap of the The Driveway races to being able to stay in and actually *race*. I have lost 25 pounds (still, even after a week on a cruise and a week of high-stress and hanging out in a hospital). I am stronger, lighter, thinner, and more confident. While the past four months have been crazy, this contest gave me an opportunity that I am immensely thankful to have. But the most importantly, it woke something up inside of me that I don't plan on ever letting go of.