Monday, September 27, 2010

Meet our Members! Hi Jackie!!

Jackie is a relatively new member at Pure Austin (about 3 months) but she has already seen great results. She is positive, motivated, and very complimentary of us :):) We love Jackie!!

We sent Jackie a couple of questions, and she sent us some great responses!
Jackie told us:

-I chose PA after researching all the gyms in Austin, because PA is downtown and close to me, because it is trendy and has so many things to do--particularly the boxing and heavy bags (I do taekwondo and boxing training), and people there look like serious athletes and /or in good shape.

-My workouts are hitting the boxing balls, doing spin hook kicks using the heavy bags as targets (not hitting them due to my injuries), doing pilates by myself, and doing upper body free weights and a few machines for biceps and triceps.

-I am training for strength and definition in upper body, doing spin hook kicks as it trims your hips and raises your buttocks and trims legs, pilates to elongate muscles

-I feel awesome from my workouts (very tired) and the results I have gotten in two months (dropped two pant sizes)

-I am motivated by having injured areas in my body feeling tighter and having less chronic pain, and the body changes cited above.

-I love PA because it has everything and more that I would ever need, it is trendy, staff are very kind and professional, it is close to my home, watching other athletes is motivating (I have been an athlete my whole life and a former UT athlete.)

-What I do for a living : I am an LPC (Licensed Professional Counselor) with an MA in Clinical Psychology and have been so since 1997.

-I keep workouts a priority because since I was severely assaulted 4 years ago--this has been the first time I have felt my athleticism and felt like I am in control of my body and chronic pain.

I love Pure Austin and tell everyone I know to join. Thanks for all that you do!